leftchannel
headline

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Gardener's Best Friend?

Knowledge is a great assest to gardening. Especially for beginning gardeners.

Reading is great way to get that knowledge.....but a friend can be even better.  So, a gardener's best friend can be a friend who's a gardener.

I've learned a lot over the years from fellow gardeners--people that I took gardening classes with, people I meet through participating in the Cooperative Extension Service's Master Gardener program; as well as as my co-workers and my volunteers.  The first gardening friends I made were in a gardening club in my community.  Over a period of years in getting to know everyone in the club I made many friends.  Friends who shared their seeds.  They shared plants and opinions.  They shared their gardens.  Gardeners are some of the most generous people I know. 

I'd encourage you to join a gardening club--one that suits your style (you might need to visit a few before you decide which one might be to your liking).  Generally speaking, gardeners are wise, they have a good sense of humor (they have to considering they've stuck it through droughts and downpours, voracious insects, steadfast weeds, etc.), and most of all--they are generous.  And who couldn't use a friend like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment